- This event has passed.
Event Series: Understanding Autism
16 March @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Places must be booked. For residents of Harrow, Hillingdon, Brent & Ealing
Understanding Autism is an 8-session course that focuses on understanding our autistic children and looking at how we can best support them.
The course covers:
- Introductory Session
- Understanding Autism – an overview and an opportunity to learn from autistic people.
- Understanding Communication
- Understanding Sensory Issues
- Understanding Behaviour
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour
- Autism and the Family
- Emotion Coaching and Self Care
The course is best suited to those who have a new diagnosis or who are going through assessment for their child but is open to other parents/carers who want to gain a better understanding.